Chisesi Canadian style Ham and Cheddar Biscuits
- 6 biscuits, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons Black Mission fig jam
- 12 ounces Canadian style Chisesi Ham
- 6 Sharp Cheddar Cheese, sliced
- Preheat broiler. Use a serrated knife to cut each biscuit in half horizontally. Spread the room-temperature butter over the top halves of each of the biscuits. Broil until butter melts and biscuits brown at edges, about 1 minute. Transfer to work surface; keep broiler on.
- Spread the bottom halves of biscuits with fig jam. Top each biscuit with 2 slices of ham, then one slice of cheese. If desired, broil until cheese is melted and ham is heated through, about 1 minute. Crown with the biscuit tops and serve warm.
Grilled VIP Ham and Cheese Waffle Sandwiches
“Sliced VIP ham, Swiss cheese, and arugula sandwiched between cheesy toasted waffles are grilled until melty make a delicious twist on a classic sandwich.”
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 (16 ounce) VIP Sliced Ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup arugula or spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, sugar, basil, baking powder, and salt. Add egg, milk, shredded cheese, and oil. Stir just until moistened. Add batter to a preheated, lightly greased waffle iron and bake according to manufacturer’s directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off waffle iron. Repeat with remaining batter. You should have 8 4-inch waffles.
- For each sandwich, spread waffles with mustard. Layer ham, sliced cheese, and arugula on half of the waffles. Top with remaining waffles, spread side down.
- Heat a griddle or 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add butter until melted. Add sandwiches. Cook for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted, turning once.
Ham Pineapple Sandwiches
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 24 slices whole-grain bread
- 60 thin slices Chisesi VIP Ham
- In a saucepan, combine the pineapple and sugar. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. When cool, stir in the walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese to soften, then stir in enough milk to make it easy to spread. Blend in the pineapple mixture. This part can be made the day before if you like.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the pineapple mixture onto one side of 1 slices of bread. Top each one of these with 5 thin slices of ham. Top with remaining bread slices.
Chisesi Green Onion Smoked Sausage and Tuscan White Bean Soup
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 55m
- Ready in 1h 30m
“Grab your programmable pressure cooker and make this hearty smoked sausage and vegetable-loaded soup.”
- 1-pound dried great Northern beans, rinsed and sorted
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. Chisesi Green Onion Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2″ half-moons
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 8 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 cups thinly sliced kale
- 4 ounces uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Set programmable pressure cooker to SAUTE. Add rinsed and drained beans and 6 cups water. Bring to a boil and fasten and lock lid. Switch cooker to HIGH PRESSURE for 1 minute. Release pressure manually and carefully drain beans. Transfer beans to a bowl and set aside.
- Place cooker insert back into the programmable pressure cooker and set to SAUTE. Add oil and sausage; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage begins to brown. Add onions, garlic, and thyme; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent. Add beans, stock, and salt. Cover programmable pressure cooker and fasten lid. Lock and seal steam valve. Set to HIGH PRESSURE and cook until beans are tender, 10 minutes. Release pressure manually.
- Uncover programmable pressure cooker. Stir in kale, pasta, zest, crushed red pepper, and tomatoes. Fasten and lock lid, set cooker to HIGH PRESSURE and cook for 5 minutes. Release pressure manually. Serve in bowls topped with cheese.
VIP Ham Monte Cristo Sandwich
“Slices of ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese are layered between soft slices of bread, then deep fried with a crispy crust of panko bread crumbs.”
- 12 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices Chisesi VIP ham
- 8 slices Chisesi Cajun turkey
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten well
- 3 cups Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting, if desired
- Assemble sandwiches starting with one slice of bread, then 1 slice of ham, a slice of cheese and then a slice of turkey; place one slice of bread and repeat with ham, cheese and turkey, top with a slice of bread. Cut into quarters and secure with toothpicks. Cover sandwiches with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 365 degrees.
- Dust each quarter sandwich with flour until all sides are coated; dip into beaten egg and toss into panko and cover completely.
- Carefully lower sandwich quarters one at a time into deep hot oil; fry until golden brown on all sides. Drain; remove toothpicks before serving.